Poundland has announced it will reopen 19 more former Wilko stores in the next two weeks, bringing the total number of Wilko-to-Poundland conversions to 56.
The sites will open under the Poundland brand, stocking the extensive grocery, household and general merchandise ranges found in Poundland stores.
They will also sell the latest Pepco family clothing that can be found across 500-plus of Poundland’s existing UK and Ireland stores.
Poundland today announced it plans to open or relocate 75 stores over the three months to the end of December – the largest three-month growth programme in the brand’s history.
This includes the existing pipeline of new stores as well as the former Wilko stores it has already opened, or plans to open, as new Poundland stores.
So far Poundland has offered jobs to more than 500 former Wilko workers.
Austin Cooke, Poundland’s managing director said: “To open 75 stores in the space of a single quarter is nothing short of a super-human effort from every member of the Poundland team.
“To each and every one of them I say ‘thank you’. “But we’re working at this pace because we’re on a mission –ambitious to grow, create jobs and serve new communities by opening shops customers and communities can be proud of.”
Full list of former Wilko stores reopening as Poundland in next two weeks:
Saturday October 28 2023:
- Unit A3, Carregaman Road, Ammanford, SA18 3ED
- 13 Institute Lane, Alfreton, DE55 7BQ
- 12 Vale House, Pavilion Shopping Centre, Thornaby, TS17 9FD
- 15 Market Place, South Shields, NE33 1JF
- Unit 15-18 Killingworth Centre, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE12 6YT
- Level 3, Darwin Shopping Centre, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1PL
- Unit 38, Salter Shopping Centre, St Andrews Square, Droitwich, WR9 8HE
- 3-7 High Street, Redhill, RH1 1RD
- Epic House, 2 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 3JA
- 18-19 Bancroft, Hitchen, SG5 1JQ
Saturday November 4 2023:
- Unit 16, Lagny Street, Alnwick, NE66 1LB
- 22-24 Headingley Central, Otley Road, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 2UE
- 48-52 Freeman Street, Grimsby, DN32 7AG
- Unit 11, St Andrews Retail Park, Hull, HU3 4EH
- 12-14 Bore Street, Lichfield, WS13 6LL
- 30-40 High Street, Wombwell, Barnsley, S73 8AA
- Edmonton Green Shopping Centre, 3-11 North Square, London, N9 0TZ
- 41 Hamilton Way, Oak Mall Centre, Greenock, PA15 1RQ
- 32 Yoden Way, Castle Dene Shopping Centre, Peterlee, SR8 1AL
In Redhill, Hull, Greenock and Peterlee, Poundland will relocate into the Wilko units from existing nearby stores.
Poundland has already opened 37 former Wilko stores within just three weeks.
It came shortly after Poundland’s owner Pepco agreed to buy up to 71 of the collapsed firm’s properties from administrators.
Variety store chain B&M also entered into a deal with Wilko’s administrators to buy up to 51 properties.
The Range has agreed a deal to purchase the Wilko brand name, website and intellectual property.
Wilko.com has since been relaunched, with shoppers now able to get home delivery for online orders.