The Federal Medical Center (FMC) Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas is in need of gender reassignment surgery medical services for its transgender inmates, and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) a division of DOJ, Field Acquisition Office in Grand Prairie, Texas plans to make a single award to the “quoter who can provide the best value.”
The Federal Medical Center, Carswell is a federal prison in Fort Worth, Texas, for female inmates of all security levels, primarily with special medical and mental health needs.
The solicitation was launched on Thursday and quotes shall be received on or before the deadline of October 10, 2022.
“As an agency under the Executive Branch of the United States Government, the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) receives an annual appropriation of funds to accomplish its assigned mission,” an entry in the solicitation read. “The public trust demands that this annual appropriation be prudently managed. Thus, dollars spent to maintain the health of the inmate population, to include Gender Reassignment Surgery (GRS), must reflect the agency’s best efforts to obtain cost-effective health care consistent with community standards.”
According to the synopsis:
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code is 621111 (Size Standard: $11,000,000). This solicitation is being issued as unrestricted. The Government contemplates awarding a firm fixed-price contract via purchase order resulting from this solicitation. The FBOP desires a single award to the quoter who can provide the best value, considering the diversityof available services and price, among other criteria specified in the solicitation.
Therefore, the Government may award any or all line items, may withhold award of any or all line items, or may award to a quoter who quotes less than the full complement of services contained in this solicitation. Quoters are encouraged to submit comprehensive proposals committing to provide all outputs listed in the solicitation. Quoters who quote less comprehensive approaches will be evaluated accordingly. All duties shall be performed in accordance with standards and methods generally accepted within the industry and in compliance with the Performance Work Statement.
The contractor is expected to do the following:
- Output #1: Provide inpatient and outpatient facility services which conform to community standards and all local, state, and Federal laws and regulations applicable to the delivery of health care regarding GRS services.
- Output #2: Provide professional services which conform to community standards and all local, state, and Federal laws and regulations applicable to the delivery of health care regarding GRS patients.
- Output #3: Submit properly priced invoices for each procedure rendered.
- Output #4: Manage medical record information in a manner which promotes continuity of care while observing restrictions on the release of information.
- Output #5: Maintain open avenues of communication, facilitating the exchange of information between the contract provider, contract facility, and the Government regarding the contract services.
Breast augmentation with implants (1), penile inversion vasectomy, vaginoplasty with a native tissue graft (1), and removal of genital hair on the axillae (6) will all be part of the taxpayer-funded Gender Reconfirmation Surgery (GRS) for transgender inmates (Male-to-Female Surgical Procedures).
See the solicitation below: